We Are Hiring!!
Direct Service Provider
Part Time – providing direct services to women and children in a residential setting. Primarily afternoon and midnight includes weekends and holidays. Good communication skills a must. A minimum of a high school diploma. One-year experience working in the human service field preferred. Please send resume to Patricia Flanigan @ firstname.lastname@example.org
Women Inspired in New Directions
Part Time-This position requires general supervision and reports directly to the Program Director of YWCA WIND. Under direct supervision of lead house technician, oversees the day, evening, and weekend activities in a fellowship home transitional living facility for women 18 and over recovering from alcohol and/or drug addictions. In and or supportive of abstinence based active recovery.
- Consults with and reports any behavior or problems to Lead House Technician or Program Director, documents on briefing sheet any concerns regarding residents, for next shift and the following:
o General Recovery support
o Initial intake
o Referrals to outside agencies
o Outreach services
- Assists residents on completion of forms i.e. pass request, oversees daily chore completion, documents drug screens result and any other required resident forms or daily resident schedule.
- Acts as liaison for residents.
- Functions as a support person, when needed, by listening to residents’ concerns and problems.
- Educates new residents on the rules and regulations of the facility.
- Follows and enforces the rules and regulations of the facility.
- Conducts facility and room checks with another staff to ensure cleanliness, safety, and maintenance needs; reports need to Lead House Technician.
- May attend biweekly case management of current residents.
- Attends and participates in scheduled staff meetings.
- Chaperones group-sponsored trips, community service and/or social/recreational functions as well as daily attendance to NA, AA meetings.
- Supports residents in learning and maintaining living skills.
- Documents residents’ scheduled chores and household or scheduled shift activities.
- Advises residents about any changes in policy or procedures.
- Conducts random drug screenings with another staff member and completes all necessary paperwork associated with such.
- Ensures that residents are secure in the home; conducts room checks by curfew, locks doors, sets alarm.
- Monitors outcome of all visitations scheduled on site including children with their mothers (residents).
- Cleans vacated rooms and prepares them for new residents.
- Adds to a weekly list of needed items when supplies are running low, including cleaning supplies and groceries and gives to Lead House Technician.
- Ensures that all scheduled meals are prepared and served on time.
- Completion of vehicle safety training and all staff required trainings.
- Other Duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
Knowledge of health and safety precautions in group environments.
- Knowledge of behavior patterns of persons with addiction problems.
- Ability to understand and carry out written and oral instructions.
- Ability to interact with residents to provide a pleasant, home-like atmosphere.
- Ability to accept and utilize supervision.
- Ability to communicate with staff.
- Understands 12-step recovery programs.
- Minimal computer skills and general office skills (answering phone, taking messages, filing, etc.)
- Ability to listen to and hold confidences
- Valid Driver’s License
Type & Amount of Experience/Education
- High school graduate or equivalency.
- If in recovery, minimum of 1 year of continued sobriety.
- Experience in a related field preferred
- Two positions available