THIS EVENT HAS BEEN CANCELLED.
IF YOU HAVE ALREADY REGISTERED, YOU WILL BE RECEIVING A FULL REFUND.
Understanding and Identifying the Commercial Sexual Exploitation and Domestic Trafficking of Children and Youth
Join us for our 2-day Training of Trainers (ToT) on ‘Understanding and Identifying the Commercial Sexual Exploitation and Domestic Trafficking of Children and Youth,’ on October 31 and November 1.
Location: West Liberty Highlands, Triadelphia, WV
Address: 355 Wharton Circle, Triadelphia, WV 26059
Time: 9:00 – 5:00pm each day
Led by: CEO/Founder, Rachel Lloyd
Hosted by: YWCA Wheeling and West Liberty University
Registration Fee: $100. This will cover snacks and the ToT Guide
About the training: With over twenty years of expertise in specialized services for CSE youth, GEMS Training Institute has developed specialized curricula to examine best practices in CSE intervention and service provision. Our seminal Commercial Sexual Exploitation of Children Community Intervention Project (CCIP) training curriculum, also known as, ‘Understanding and Identifying the Commercial Sexual Exploitation and Domestic Trafficking of Children and Youth,’ provides a blueprint for serving CSE populations. This training of trainers currciulum will include the following:
• Introduction to CSEC & DMST
• Risk factors for sexual exploitation
• Unpacking “choice”
• Recruitment strategies used by exploiters
• Psychological & physical impact of trauma & exploitation
• Pimp-controlled CSEC & trauma bonding
• Subculture of CSEC
• Identifying youth who are commercially sexually exploited
• Roles & responsibilities of professionals at intervention points
• Engaging with CSEC/DMST victims
• Barriers to intervention with sexually exploited youth
SPONSORS: Sisters of St. Joseph Diocese of Wheeling Charleston