YWCA Family Violence Prevention Program Director
The first responsibility is always the maintenance and quality of direct services to battered women and their children.
- 3 to 5 years’ experience in program administration
- Proven grant writing and administration experience
- Superior communication skills both oral and written
- Must be self-motivated and work independently
- Job Type: Full-time
- Flexible schedule
- Paid time off
- Retirement plan
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Wheeling, WV 26003: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
Work Location: One location
Schedule: Monday to Friday
Part-time position requiring general supervision and reports directly to the Program Director of YWCA WIND. Under direct supervision of lead house technician, oversses the day, evening and weekend activities in a fellowship home transitional living facility for women 18 and over recovering from alcohohol and/or drug addictions. In and or supportive of abstinence based active recovery.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES
- Knowledge of health and safety precautions in group environments.
- Knowledge of behavior patterns of persons with addiction problems.
- Ability to understand and carry out written and oral instructions.
- Ability to interacts with residents to provide a pleasant, home-like atmosphere.
- Ability to accept and utilize supervision.
- Ability to communicate with staff.
- Understands 12-step recovery programs.
- Minimal computer skills and general office skills (answering phones, taking messages, filing, etc.)
- Ability to listen to and hold confidences.
- Valid driver’s license.
- High school graduate or equivalency
- If in recovery, minimum of 1 year of continued sobriety
- Experience in a related field preferred
TWO POSITIONS AVAILABLE