Women Inspired in New Directions
WIND is a non-treatment recovery home located in downtown Wheeling, WV. WIND administers recovery integration services through the efforts of house technicians and a house supervisor that supply 24-hour support. WIND offers peer support and case management for women in recovery seeking a “New Direction” for their lives that is addiction free. Therapeutic groups, peer support groups, and addiction services for co-occurring addiction and trauma, along-side individual time with mentors, are offered in conjunction with Healthways- Miracles Happen, Northwood and the Lee Day Report Center. These services begin upon their entrance into the WIND program and will continue to be offered for six months after they leave the recovery home. During this time, evidence-based life skills, trauma, parenting, and addiction courses, as well as employability training are offered to all residents. Transportation is provided to and from 12-Step support groups.Screenings can be completed by calling 304-214-9350, Monday through Friday from 9:00AM-5:00PM.
INTAKES ARE BY APPOINTMENT ONLY, THERE IS NO ONLINE WIND APPLICATION ACCEPTED.
- Female 18+
- Desire to recover and remain substance free
- No untreated psychiatric problems
- Ability to transition to independent living
- Ability to maintain self-care and perform general house chores
- Willing to gain employment and/or enroll in school
- Respect rights, views, and boundaries of other residents